Fresh install PHP error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by reddy, Oct 29, 2011.

1. reddy

reddy New Member

Hello I just installed everything almost working smooth. But I got a problem some of php scripts, giving this error.
    Code:
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in sidebars.php on line 1
    I am using fastCGI. I did try to change to mod-php and suPHP no chance. PHP version atm this PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 28 2011 08:24:40)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH. Linux version is Debian Squeeze

Finally found a right CP for my server, need a help about this issue pls.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator

There is a syntax error in the file sidebars.php in your website or you uploaded it with the wrong permissions or user.

Check the syntax of the file, e.g. that it starts with

<?php

and that it does not contain any syntax errors. Also make sure that the file is owned by the user and group of the website.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. reddy

reddy New Member

Hello I have done check with php file there is no syntax error. Permissions and users also right users and permissions. Only stats on web folder root-root. Thanks.

I just see messing up all php codes, after upload. Is there something not functioning right? Because after I uploaded checked php files, all messed.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. till

till Super Moderator

Please explain what is messed up in the files and how you uploaded them.