Fresh install PHP error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by reddy, Oct 29, 2011.

1. reddy

reddy New Member

Hello I just installed everything almost working smooth. But I got a problem some of php scripts, giving this error.
    PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in sidebars.php on line 1
    I am using fastCGI. I did try to change to mod-php and suPHP no chance. PHP version atm this PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 28 2011 08:24:40)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH. Linux version is Debian Squeeze

Finally found a right CP for my server, need a help about this issue pls.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a syntax error in the file sidebars.php in your website or you uploaded it with the wrong permissions or user.

Check the syntax of the file, e.g. that it starts with

and that it does not contain any syntax errors. Also make sure that the file is owned by the user and group of the website.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. reddy

reddy New Member

Hello I have done check with php file there is no syntax error. Permissions and users also right users and permissions. Only stats on web folder root-root. Thanks.

I just see messing up all php codes, after upload. Is there something not functioning right? Because after I uploaded checked php files, all messed.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please explain what is messed up in the files and how you uploaded them.