Fixing open_basedir restriction

Discussion in 'General' started by runbuck, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. runbuck

    runbuck New Member

    So, I switched to ISPconfig3 over the weekend. All good. Basic sites moved fine. However, when I tried to run the wordpress install on one site (via moving the wordpress install files into a sub-dir I created off that sites web root called "Blog") I got this error on the first step:
    I got similar error on subsequent steps. Basically, ispconfig3's php safe mode is blocking I assume. However there is no checkbox like in ispconfig2 to shut it off for that site.

    I googled around and saw comments from Till that such errors could be fixed by editing the vhost.conf.master and adding the directory to the open_bind statements in the file (2 places). So I added this:
    Code:
    php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/blog
    After the two open_bind statements already in that file. Making it look like this (first instance shown):

    On trying the install page again (after stop/starting apache and resaving the site in ispconfig to regen the site specific vhosts - which i assume come from the vhosts.conf.master file.) i got nothing - same open_bind restriction error.

    Did I edit/add the open_bind statement incorrectly? If not, is there a better way to install wordpress for a site running on ispconfig3? I assume you should move the files to a sub-dir of the site /web directory (as that is how it used to work).

    Any thoughts appreciated.
     
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. till

    till Super Moderator

    All files of a website have to be licated in the web directory of this site. I run many wordpress installs, never had a problem with open_basedir when you install it into the web dir or a subdirectory of the web dir. So I never had to adjust the open_basedir path. You should check where you installed the files and copy them to a correct directory inside the web dir or the web dir itself.
     
  3. runbuck

    runbuck New Member

    DOH! Reinstall worked

    Till, thanks for thought. Fixed it.

    I had downloaded to the server and then moved the files (mv) to a sub-directory in the /web. That was the way that had it all whacked (not sure why).

    When I did it the second time, I downloaded to a win7 client and FTP'd to the web sub-dir for the blog. Then it worked.

    Strange.

    Regardless, your point that it worked got me to try again. Thanks. And I learned wayyyyy to much about open_basedir as I tried to resolve it the hard (stupid/wrong) way.:)
     

Share This Page