External access to pure-ftpd won´t work.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wolfiedk, Jul 12, 2011.

1. wolfiedk

wolfiedk New Member

Hi!

I can´t connect to my ftp service on my ispconfig 3 v. 3.0.3.3 server from the WAN connection.

example primary gateway address: 10.10.10.1 (linux firewall with WAN IP 77.77.77.77)
    example secondary gateway address: 10.10.10.2 (another linux firewall with WAN IP 88.88.88.88)

Logged on to ispconfig3 server with SSH, I can connect to localhost using FTP.
    From my local LAN it works too.

The ispconfig server only have the primary gateway address (of cource), but I do have 2 firewalls/2 gateways on my local network, because my primary firewall does not support ftp on a multi-wan setup. So my thoughts about this is, that I whant to connect to FTP using my seconday gateway/firewall.

When I connect to 88.88.88.88 using FTP, I can´t connect to my ispconfig server. But when I look in the log file "cat /var/log/syslog | grep pure-ftpd", I can see ..

Code:
    Jul 12 15:00:02 web pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from 127.0.0.1
    Jul 12 15:00:02 web pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.

... for eatch connection im trying to make from the outside world.

If I look at the firewall log in my secondary firewall, I can see the traffic is passed through.
    (I have tryed with another FTP server on a windows machine, and the firewall rule works just fine, so the error must bee in the pure-ftpd configuration)

But when Im logged in to my primary firewall I can see that pure-ftpd have responed on a ftp package. So my conclusion is, pure-ftp sends data respones back to the primary gateway instead of the client ip-address that is connected.

netstat -tap shows:
    Code:
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN      30616/pure-ftpd (SE
    tcp        0      0 domain.com:49281 domain.com:mysql TIME_WAIT   -
    tcp        0      0 domain.com:49280 domain.com:mysql TIME_WAIT   -
    tcp        0    300 domain.com:ssh 10.10.10.103:60212      ESTABLISHED 30217/0
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN      1346/sshd
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:https              [::]:*                  LISTEN      849/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:http-alt           [::]:*                  LISTEN      849/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:www                [::]:*                  LISTEN      849/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:tproxy             [::]:*                  LISTEN      849/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:ftp                [::]:*                  LISTEN      30616/pure-ftpd (SE

iptables -L shows:
    Code:
    PAROLE     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ftp-data
    PAROLE     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ftp

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to make pure-ftpd respond on the ip it recives data from?

Best regards
    Wolfiedk

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Not sure, but maybe the -P option is what you need: http://download.pureftpd.org/pub/pure-ftpd/doc/README

This is just a coincidence - in fact that's ISPConfig's Monitor module which tries to connect to PureFTPd to find out if it's still running.