Error starting php-fpm (fail)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by happz, Dec 9, 2012.

1. happz

happz New Member

Here is what I am getting while install Ubuntu for ispconfig 3. This is from 14.3.1 and I'm running this command: /etc/init.d/php-5.3.18-fpm start

This is the link to the page I'm on-- http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.10-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p4

ERROR:

Starting php-fpm [08-Dec-2012 19:36:39] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/php-5.3.18/etc/pool.d/*.conf' from /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 511.

2. Landi20

Landi20 New Member

the service fail
    in /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf
    make this line like this pid = run/php-fpm.pid and the problem solve
    the warming is the file dont exist
    you have to reboot the system

3. happz

happz New Member

Thank you. I am getting a new error but thanks...I'm moving forward

Okay, I'm not sure but this error may have to do with the port. No matter what port number I make it I get this

[09-Dec-2012 12:55:59] ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '127.0.0.1:8998': Address already in use (98)
    [09-Dec-2012 12:55:59] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
    failed

I've used 8999 as well. thanks all..

4. Landi20

Landi20 New Member

when you uncoment that line i say you have to make reboot to your server to make this work

5. happz

happz New Member

Still error

Error:

~# /etc/init.d/php-5.3.18-fpm start
    Starting php-fpm [09-Dec-2012 15:36:22] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/php-5.3.18/etc/pool.d/*.conf' from /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 511.
    ................................... failed

Also, I ran this again- insserv php-5.3.18-fpm
    Result= ~# insserv php-5.3.18-fpm
    insserv: command not found

6. Landi20

Landi20 New Member

vi i/opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf
    in your file you have this line like this ;pid = run/php-fpm.pid
    put like this pid = run/php-fpm.pid
    and reboot the machine not the service and put in port 8999

7. happz

happz New Member

sorry...I have completed this and rebooted. Now I am only getting this:

:~# /etc/init.d/php-5.3.18-fpm start
    Starting php-fpm [09-Dec-2012 18:04:33] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/php-5.3.18/etc/pool.d/*.conf' from /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 511.
    done

What is this problem about? thanks!

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You can ignore this. It just means there are no pools in /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/pool.d/. Once you have configured your first pool in /opt/php-5.3.18/etc/pool.d/, this message will disappear.

9. happz

happz New Member

Okay but strange issue again..

I can't create a folder anywhere on the server. I get this error when trying to create a directory called "my":

mkdir: cannot create directory `my': Read-only file system

I also can't installed ISPConfig either due to this "read-only" issue.

What is going on?
    thanks
    H

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Did you get any errors during boot? Maybe there's a problem with your hard drive.

11. happz

happz New Member

I didn't see the boot up process as I was remote to the machine but would there be a log file for hardware errors? It certainly is a strange thing to see after I had been moving along so successfully prior to this stage of the installation.
    Thx
    happz

12. falko

Run
    Code:
    dmesg 
    It displays bootup messages.