error in fstab

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Tom John, Nov 5, 2019.

  1. Tom John

    Tom John Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hi guys,

    i use the following description for install a new server:

    point 11: fstab
    after changing fstab and run
    mount -o remount /
    i get the following error:
    [email protected]:/usr/sbin# mount -o remount /
    mount: /: mount point not mounted or bad option.
    my fstab looks as follows:

    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    # <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
    # / was on /dev/sda2 during installation
    UUID=967f9de2-6cac-433e-8759-0dd188598bbe /               ext4    errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=quota.user,,jqfmt=vfsv 0       1
    # /boot was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    UUID=39404806-b3f9-4a02-9eb1-a8dc124c8e83 /boot           ext4    defaults,noatime        0       0
    /swapfile                                 none            swap    sw              0       0
    can anyone help me please with this error?
    thanks for your kind help
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    You added just this to the line:


    and did not alter anything else, especially not the string behind UUID= ?
  3. Taleman

    Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

    If you copied the original fstab you can now diff them to see what is changed.
    If reading the file shows everyting is OK but it still does not work properly, I check if there are extra characters that look like whitespace or something else screwy with od command like this:
    od -c /etc/fstab  | more
  4. Tom John

    Tom John Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hello guys,
    thanks for your kind answer.
    I think it was an error at:
    errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=quota.user,,jqfmt=vfsv0 0
    I did copy that part from another server and now quota is working fine.
    thanks a lot for your help
    till likes this.

Share This Page