empty /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by matz, Feb 10, 2011.

1. matz

matz New Member

I have problem with reciving mail and found out that its the settings with the ispconfig mysql user password. The recommendation in this forum is to make sure the password is located in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

But what should i do if that file is empty ?

pls some advise would be great

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which ISPConfig version do you use?

You posted here in the ispconfig 3 forum but talk about a file which exists only in ispconfig 2 abut not ispconfig 3.

3. matz

matz New Member

ISPConfig 3

Hello Till

Thank you for your reply.

I installed version 3 with the latest updates.

The problem is that the ispconfig user canĀ“t access the mysql.
    It clearly stated in the log files.

I search the forum and find out that all people says that the password is located in this file... and as you now say is not present for my version. ok roger that.

I still have the problem though, were do i find good input about how to change the ispconfig user in the mysql ?

During my installation i used the sign "!" inside the password, is this whats giving me trouble?

//:confused:

4. till

This might be a problem using ! in commands on the shell. Please change the mysql root password so that it contains only letters in upper and lowercase and numbers.

You can not change the ispconfig user manually as it is used in many files. Please uninstall ispconfig and then reinstall it:

1) Download ispconfoig tar.gz.
    2) run the uninstall.php script which is inside the install folder.
    3) run the install script again.

5. matz

matz New Member

backup ?

Hello

Is it possible then to unistall all ispconfig and still keep all the sites etc etc ?

Or is it possible to backup those things uninstall then reinstall and finally load the backup back ?

//Matz

6. matz

matz New Member

I cant find any information in the forum about the uninstall feature. Does it completly remove the sites and clients information?

I have not a singel problem with this password elsewhere in debian. Is it ispconfig3 that is sensitive for '!' ??

best regards

7. till

See post #4 of this thread. I described the exact steps to be taken to uninstall ispconfig.

It removes the config information, but not the content. But how can you have sites on a server that never worked because the installation failed?

8. matz

matz New Member

The installation is running perfect (everything is operational) accept one thing...the mail. I get error from postfix about user access of [email protected] and its here that i wondering if the password could be the issue. I will try the uninstall script today.

thanx Till

9. till

Use the uninstall script only in case that there are no websites configured in ispconfig yet.

If the only issue is the password in postfix, then ran a mnaul ispconfig update instead. The exact steps are described in the ispconfig release notes (see general forum).