email troubles

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kwickcut, Feb 13, 2011.

1. kwickcut

kwickcut Member

short and sweet....

i am running ISPConfig and Postfix version 2.6.5 with SquirrelMail version 1.4.19

all mail boxes are set up through ispconfig.

now my isp blocks port 25 so i use a smpt redirect service and send my mail on port 2525.

now i am running a joomla site. i can send emails to the mailboxes from the contact us page and have no troubles getting the email. i can also reply to the email with no troubles. the problem is when i respond to the email sent.

sending email from contact us page to site email no troubles

respond from site email mailbox to sender from contact us page no troubles

sender replies back to mailbox never reaches mailbox

thanks for any help

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that the MX record of your domain points to the correct server.
  3. kwickcut

kwickcut Member

this is what i have for my dns

Code: (G)	MX (G)	MX
    how do i make sure that it sends to port 2525 and not port 25

now i have seen a site that offers a service No-IP Mail Reflector but i would like to do this with out paying a service if i can thanks for any help

4. yucktoufoo

yucktoufoo Member

DNS does not care what port you run your SMTP server on, perhaps if you use SRV records but I know know if you can point an MX record to an SRV.

If this is a public email server then I'm not sure how you will achieve this without a redirection service if the ISP is blocking port 25. Maybe there are some free redirection services but I dont know of any.