EMail problem, urgent please !

Discussion in 'General' started by fobicodam, Jun 2, 2006.

1. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Everything was running perfect 'til today ! server accept mails and send confirmations, but it doesnt route them to emails accounts, i have nothing to download even when i sent an email to smtp via telnet !!

What can i do?!?! please !! i have more than 250 domains here !! and nobody is receiving mails !! :eek:

Update:

Fixed.. aparently alone.. after 1 day no receiving mails they magicaly starts downloading...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Might have been a temporary DNS problem or a connectivity problem somewhere...

3. fobicodam

I dont believe so, i did a telnet to the smtp server and then check the pop3 , the mail was lost... i ll keep an eye open on this..

4. fobicodam

Two days, thats the most time i can be without having 100s clients trying to get me because the emails server stop delivering mails. What can i do!??!?!?!

<web1_daniel@webserver2.imago.com.ar> (expanded from <daniel@imago.com.ar>):
    can't create user output file. Command output: procmail: Couldn't create
    "/var/mail/web1_daniel"
    :mad: :eek: :mad:

5. fobicodam

I cant believe it...

i cant believe you use THIS as a real server... i cant believe how can I use it as a webserver.. good luck im running linux over a virtual machine over a real operative system, i had to restore an image from sunday, my only hope is that it doesnt fall again thurday o friday...

There is no solution to this problem over the entire Internet, now i can see why, there is no solution !! everybody tired enough reinstall linux, i was lucky today.. ill keep my virual machine images update fron now on..

Please, do some upgrade over ispconfig to fix all the postfix/apache/spamas.. /named bugs

6. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

There is no bug in ISPConfig. If you broke your installation, this does not mean that there is a bug in ISPConfig.

7. fobicodam

misspelled, sorry, im a spanish speaker :eek:) i mean if you can do "something" to avoid linux to broke himself. i didnt touch anything, sometime in the night (may be a 6/6/6 bug?? jeje) postfix couldnt get access to certain folders so it stop to process emails... i was sleeping, so i didnt notice till 6 am :p thanks to a bad purchased motherboard, linux was running under a virtual machine and, after 5 hours trying to recover postfix, i had to recover a security snapshot...

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Linux doesn't break itself. Maybe there was a cron job, a hacker, etc. that did this (there are millions of possible reasons). How can you expect ISPConfig to take care of this?

9. fobicodam

A cron job to backup config files on other server maybe? a backup copy of postfix/apache/php/etc .conf files? i dont know.. something like that...

10. falko

You can check your cron jobs with
    Code:
    crontab -l
    and by checking out /etc/cron.daily, /etc/cron.weekly, ...