Email not received in squirrelmail inbox

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by whdashboard, Apr 21, 2013.

1. whdashboard

whdashboard New Member

Hello,

I have configured the squirrelmail on the server with sendmail and dovecot. I am able to send mail but when any one reply me or send me mail, I am not able to received that mails in "squirrelmail INBOX". The mail display in "/var/spool/mail" directory. I am not able to understand where I am wrong.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards,

2. cmccrea

cmccrea New Member

Having a similar issue after completing the installation. Followed the guide about virtual users & domains with postfix, courier, MySQL & Squirrelmail mail for Ubuntu 12.10. Am able to send out email without any issues but when I attempt to reply it will be sent from the mail client without any bouncebacks but will not arrive at squirrelmail.
    I have checked the mail.log and there are no error entries.
    I am able to telnet to the server, able to ping the static ip address of the server. Can open the squirrelmail site. I have confirmed that the mx records point to the mail server. What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Does the MX record of the mail domain point to the correct server?