Email Issue - Unable to create a dot-lock

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by olimortimer, Dec 4, 2011.

1. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

Email Forward Issue - Unable to create a dot-lock

I'm setting up my server, and have run into an issue when trying to send emails to a domain hosted on it - the email address set up is an email forward, not a mailbox.

This is the error I'm receiving in the mail log / queue:

Code:
    (temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied sh: cannot create /var/vmail/example.com/me/ispconfig_mailsize: Directory nonexistent /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/example.com/me/7191.0.server.hostname.com.)
    [email protected]
    If I cd into /var/vmail/example.com I can see a mailbox I setup (support), but I can't see the name of the forward (me).

Any help would be great. Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

3. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

Just tested the mailbox, and emails were in there fine, so it just looks like something wrong with email forwards.

Am I allowed to ask if anyone would be willing to setup my server for me? Obviously I'd be willing to pay / donate if required.

4. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

I've checked the mail_forwarding db table, and the forwards are there;

Code:
    forwarding_id	sys_userid	sys_groupid	sys_perm_user	sys_perm_group	sys_perm_other	server_id	source	destination	type	active
    			1	3	3	riud	riud	 	1	[email protected]	[email protected]	forward	y
    Only thing I notice about the above is the 'sys_perm_other' column in blank

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The sys_* columns are for the ispconfig interface only, they are not directly related to the amil system. sys_perm_other has to be empty or every user would be able to edit every one elses email addresses.

6. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

Ah I see thanks for the clarification.

Any ideas on the forwarding issue?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are sure that you created the email forwarder for a email domain and not a domain alias? Forwarders will only work for email domains.

8. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

9. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

I'm not using an email alias for my forwards, but applied the above anyway. The error has now changed from:

(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied sh: cannot create /var/vmail/example.com/me/ispconfig_mailsize: Directory nonexistent /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/example.com/me/26050.0.host.server.com.)
    [email protected]

...to:

(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/example.com/me/26170.0.host.server.com.)
    [email protected]

10. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

I've just gone through the perfect server setup again, and still have the same issues. I've also gone through another howtoforge tutorial, which setups postfix etc manually, and I can't see anything that's been missed (also checking that config files have been changed correctly by ISPConfig to point to the correct database / tables).

Any ideas? I'm lost :(

11. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /usr/bin/maildrop
    ? Is maildrop installed?

12. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

-rwxr-sr-x 1 root mail 175488 2010-02-02 04:43 /usr/bin/maildrop

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  13. olimortimer

olimortimer Member

Previous to seeing your post, I once again followed the install steps, but cleared down the mail queue before testing - the test email was then forwarded. However, testing it again and the email hasn't hit my forward destination, but isn't stuck in the queue as it was doing before.

14. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's in your mail log when you try this?