email forwarding

Discussion in 'General' started by jcombs_31, Jul 29, 2009.

  1. jcombs_31

    jcombs_31 New Member

    I have a few emails being forwarded for different domains. If I set the forwarded email address to something like hotmail, it goes through, but ISPs and other servers are blocking it. What would be the reason for this?


    If I sent this directly from outlook, I never get a message back from my server saying the message could not be sent.

    I'm looking more through the logs and see a lot of blocked for abuse messages. These are just basic messages, so something coming from my server these other mail servers don't like.

    Edit: I've also seen some errors "DNS Check Error"

    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Make sure that the hostname of your server exists in DNS and that the IP of your server is a static IP and that you have a correct reverse dns record for your IP pointing to the hostname of your server.
  3. jcombs_31

    jcombs_31 New Member

    For some reason I can see Reverse DNS was no longer set up. My provider is adding the entry for me, I'll see if that fixes it.
  4. jcombs_31

    jcombs_31 New Member

    Now I see I'm getting blocked for abuse from Att

    Looking at the page it seems to think I am spamming. Why would this be and how can I fix it? Reverse DNS is now working and resolving to my hostname.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  5. falko

    falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

    I think you should contact AT&T support.
  6. jcombs_31

    jcombs_31 New Member

    I did, I got an email back pretty quick saying they didn't see my IP address as blocked. Strange.
  7. falko

    falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

  8. jcombs_31

    jcombs_31 New Member

    That's the form I filled out to get a response. I sent an email back but no further response yet. I sent them the error notice right from my logs which clearly shows that I'm being blocked for abuse, but they say they don't see it. Doesn't make any sense.

    I did get through to another server that was giving me problems before, so at least part of the problem is fixed.

Share This Page