Email Forward Problem with ISPConfig 3.1.2

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by vassiskansa, Apr 19, 2017.

1. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, i've already posted my issue on the "free" area. Can anyone help me here?
    me:
    ----------------------------------------
    Hi all,
    I'm new of this forum, and sorry for my ugly english!
    I have a big problem: email forwarding doesn't work.
    ISPConfig 3.1.2 with Postfix 2.11.3-1 onto Debian 8.7 .
    I've set an email address into "Send incoming copy to" (ex: source-> myaddress dest-> external_address).
    However, "Send outgoing copy to" works well... and i don't know why...
    Can anyone help me?
    Thank you.
    me:
    I figured out where the problem might be. I initially installed the system to work with Dovecot but I had some problems and I returned to Courier. But on ISPConfig was remained Sieve settings as mailfilter syntax . I've changed and I've set Maildrop but it does not work yet. ISPConfig is so determined to create the .sieve files on the user mailbox. How can I do? Sieve is not really installed on my system. Thank you.
    florian:
    It's better to fix the problems with dovecot instead of running courier.
    me:
    Thank you for reply. Unfortunately I can not replace courier because of some compatibility issues. Can you tell me why ISPConfig continues to write the forward rules on /var/vmail/[DOMAIN]/[USER]/sieve/.sieve folder instead of using the old path /var/vmail/mailfilters/[DOMAIN]/.mailfilter ? Where do I find these configurations?
    Thank yoy and sorry for this...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

- Did you set the filter syntax from dovecot to courier under System > Server config?
    - Did you disable the maildeliver plugin under /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/ and enable the maildrop plugin instead?

As a side note, courier has just legacy support for old ISPConfig systems, so we did not remove it yet but we also have not added anything since ISPConfig 3.0.5. I won't install courier on any of my servers. S if I were you, I would remove courier and install dovecot again and if you have a problem with dovecot, then post that problem instead of trying to use courier.

3. vassiskansa

vassiskansa New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Till, i've already reply to another post here -> https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/email-forward-problem-with-ispconfig-3-1-2.76187/ . Sorry for this... However:
    me:
    ---------------------------
    Ok, i've solved my problem. maildrop_plugin.inc.php was disabled in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled . Probably the initial installation of ISPConfig3 enabling Dovecot/Siege that conflicts with Courier/Maildrop . Thank you all.
    ---------------------------
    Thank you Till...