Email config: Newly installed Centos/Postfix/ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tomal, Apr 3, 2013.

1. tomal

tomal New Member

Hi:

I'm very new to this community. My heartiest thanks to the wonderful how-to's (The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.3 x86_64 (nginx, Courier, ISPConfig 3)), which helped me a lot to install and configure my Web/DNS/Mail/MySQL server without major issues. Everything works as expected except I cannot connect to my mail server using Outlook or other email client. But the webmail (squirrelmail) works and I can send/receive emails (using a relayhost).

Here is some detail of the system (domain/ip is not actual):

I have everything installed in the same server.
    Hostname: websvr fullname: websvr.xyz.com
    Private IP: 192.168.1.11 (I have NAT in my router and ext IP 58.97.xxx.xx)

There is a MX entry in DNS zone for mail.xyz.com and I can ping to that.

I can telnet to the port 25 using only hostname (websvr) or local IP (192.168.1.11) but unable to telnet mail.xyz.com 25.

Any help will be greatly apprecieted.

2. till

till Super Moderator

PLease check the dns records of domain xyz.com and ensure that there is a A-Record for mail.xyz.com pointing to the IP address of your server.

3. tomal

tomal New Member

Thanks buddy.
    A and MX record both is there for mail.xyz.com and I can ping it. I asked to my provider and they confirmed no port is blocked. I configured 587 port but it is still the same. I can telnet to localhost/private IP but not mail.xyz.com.

I disabled the firewall in my router and checked the NAT for 25/587, they are ok. I also disabled the iptables in the server (to check). But nothing helped. Just one more information, I can't also telnet mail.xyz.com 110/143, none works.
    Seems something is blocking my smtp/pop3/imap ports for accessing from outside.

Do you think my postfix config is ok?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013