E-mail problems, not sending not receiving

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Amorphous, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Amorphous

Amorphous New Member

ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 - updated from ISPConfig 3.0.3.2
    Centos 5.5 i386

after solving the problem with the DNS, thanks for that works now,

i tried to start e-mail server.... without any good results...
    Im using Roundcubemail 0.4.2, also installed Horfic plugins,
    I can connect to the new e-mail accounts created, but i cannot send or receive e-mails....

This are all the logs my server is sending:

ISPConfig mail logs:

roundcube/logs/imap logs

/roundcube/logs/sendmail logs

/roundcube/logs/smtp logs
    roundcube user logins

3 days ago i updated PHP to version 5.2.16 , and all the dependencies, maybe is there anything lost behind, altho, ISPConfig shows me that all the services are working fine .....
    any ideas ??
    Thank You very much !

2. ncoc.nl

ncoc.nl Member

As far I can see it's possible to connect to the mailbox using roundcube?
    Is it possible to send e-mail to other accounts on the server?

When using telnet, can you connect to port 25 on the server and what is the server response?

Regards,
    Ronald

3. Amorphous

Amorphous New Member

i used until 1 one week ago ISPConfig 3.0.2.2 , on a centos 5.3 .... because of some problems with the electric power on my data center, i have lost the entire ispconfig database, and i could not repair it ... so i just made some backups to my sites, and resintalled centos 5.5 and ispconfig 3.0.3.2

i had roundcube 0.3 i think in the old server and it worked very fine, i like roundcube more than squirrelmail, because of the skins not the plugins... anyway , the older version worked fine, and the problems i have are not from the roundcube,
    i have made the test before finishing installing roundcube, imap and smtp servers resonded ok.
    all the settings from ISPConfig, are the same as the old ones, same mail domain, same e-mail address,
    no change made to the original postfix, sendmail dovecot and so on configs ..... maybe the problem is the same with the one i had with named, maybe something needs to be changd from localhost to any or maybe the real IP, or something else.

these are the telnet responses:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  4. Amorphous

Amorphous New Member

ok, after 3 hours of checking everything, now i can send messages, but i cannot receive, and i guess is some postfix problem ....

as i said, i can send messages now, only outside the server.... on another e-mail account, like the yahoo one, i receive continuosly all the testng messages put to queue until 10 minutes ago, when i restarted everything ....

5. Amorphous

Amorphous New Member

sry for the double post, but i think i have solved the big problem ....

first of all, postfix/main.cf :

mydestination = hosting.domain1.ro, localhost, localhost.localdomain

/etc/dovecot.conf added line:

listen = *

all the other settings are the default settings, but because of these 2 settings nothing worked so far :)

thanks again and i hope that if anyone has the same problem, can solve it much easyer than me :)

have a good night all of you, thank you again for the good work u are doing here .