Dynamic IP and ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by neodark, Dec 20, 2011.

1. neodark

neodark New Member

Hello, I want to store some webs in a webserver with ispconfig 3 such as:

www.web1.com
    www.web2.com
    www.web3.com

I have dynamic IP, and my question is, how I need to configure ispconfig and server to serve this webs with dynamic IP.

Thanks!!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You must point your DNS records to your server's public IP. It's best to get a DynDNS hostname and then create CNAME records for your domains that point to your DynDNS hostname.

Your router must be configured to forward all needed ports (like 22, 25, 80, 110, 143, 443) to your server.

3. neodark

neodark New Member

Hello, thanks for your prompt response.

Dyndns now require pay.

I have installed in my server no-ip and an account, it´s suitable to make the same but with no-ip instead dyndns??

Thanks a lot!!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

5. neodark

neodark New Member

I can´t make work the server, I use the perfect server tutorial, this:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-11.10-ispconfig-3

But I can´t make the server works, my hostname is server1.redelcuervo.com but if I put "dig server1.redelcuervo.com" I obtain in status: SERVFAIL, id: 2044

What can I do?? I have configured no-ip account but I can´t access to web server, if I put the no-ip address, I can see the "It works" message, if put the same continued by :8080, I can access to ispconfig 3

I create a CNAME to the domain to the no-ip account but I can´t access.

Who can be the trouble??

Thanks!!

6. falko

7. neodark

neodark New Member

Hello, who are the proccess to configure DNS?? I have created a web redirection from http://redelcuervo.com to redelcuervo.no-ip.org and only can see the "it works" page.

Who I need to make that the server works fine for server some webs

Thanks!!

8. falko

A redirect does not work - you must create a CNAME record for redelcuervo.com that points to redelcuervo.no-ip.org.

9. neodark

neodark New Member

Hello, finally I can make it works, works fine the web server but now if I try to connect to ftp, filezilla says that "Server returned empty path" and "Error retrying to list the directory"
    If I try to connect in the localhost (in the server) I can connect correctly and list the directories

What can be the trouble??

Thanks for all the help!!

10. falko

Did you try both active and passive transfers in your FTP client?

Please check your router's firewall settings.

11. neodark

neodark New Member

Hi, finally the trouble is that I haven´t opened port 21, I open it and works fine, I thought that it´s open...

Now do you know about to send and receive mails with dynamic ip?? it´s possible send to hotmail??

I have a no-ip account.

Thanks a lot!!

12. falko

13. neodark

neodark New Member

Hello, thanks a lot falko, now I have my server working, but I have other question, I configure relay and relay what does it mean, all emails that I send by my domains, destinatary will receive from my gmail account??

Is possible to relay and that my destinatay receive emails from my domain name (redelcuervo.com)??

Thanks a lot for your time!!

14. falko

The recipient will see your domain.

15. neodark

neodark New Member

No, I only see my gmail account in receiver recipient, not my registered domain.

It´s strange.

Thanks!!