domains to subfolders

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by aldo, Jun 25, 2012.

1. aldo

aldo New Member HowtoForge Supporter

2. aldo

I managed to get the redirect on physical folders by simply configuring an Aliasdomain in ISPconfig3 like:
    Domain: www.domainX.com
    Parent Website: TheSite
    Redirect Type: L
    Redirect Path: /subfolderX/
    Auto-Subdomain: none
    Active: checked

while I'm unable to redirect Aliasdomain on sub-folders of Wordpress multisite (based on sub-folders).

Any help is appreciated.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A wordpress multisite install ahs to be installed directly into the "web" folder and not s usbfolder. If you install it to a subfolder and use a redirect, then the apache redirect rules from wordpress will collide with the apache redirect rules for the domain redirection.

4. aldo

Thanks Till.

Wordpress is installed in the "web" folder but in the network management of the WP, /subfolder1/ and /subfolder2/ are configured as path of the two sites.

These folders do not exist as physical folders but through
    rootdomain.com/subfolder1/
    rootdomain.com/subfolder2/
    I access to the two site as expected.

By configuring the redirect of Aliasdomains I get the error 500 and in error.log there is:
    Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not use apache redirects together with a cms that uses apache redirects too to change the path or URL of a request. As you see in your website, this can cause redirect loops which end in a 500 error.

6. aldo

Ok, thanks Till
    I'll try to disable redirect in ISPConfig3 acting only on those of CMS.