domain-module not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by drapsag, Apr 21, 2011.

1. drapsag

drapsag New Member

Brand new install of ISPConfig3 on two server setup both running Squeeze. One server runs web, ftp, mysql and dns. The other runs mail, mysql and dns.

Everything works OK except when I enable the "use the domain-module to add new domains" under Interface Config, none of my clients can select any domain in Email or Sites when they go to add an Email domain or a Web Site. The drop down to select the domain is empty. I cannot do it through the admin login either as the same drop down is empty when I try to add an Email or Site domain. I have added the domains trough the DNS tab and have assigned the client ID to the appropriate domain. I'm unsure what I've done wrong. Once entered, DNS resolves correctly in both servers.

I can get around the problem by not using the module (which works fine) except now my clients can enter anything in the domain field which defeats the purpose of having the option to begin with.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Enable the domain module for the admin under system > cp user, relogin and then and add the domains for your clinets in the domain module.

3. drapsag

drapsag New Member

No, that's my point. Enabling the domain module doesn't work. Unless there's somewhere besides System -> Interface Config -> Domains -> <checkbox that says "Use the domain-module to add new domains">

I went into System -> CP Users -> Edit Users but there's a warning about not editing User settings. I did anyway, checked the Domains box, logged out and back in and still cannot select the domain when I add a new website or email domain logging in as either the admin or any user.

I deleted all my users and domains and started from scratch and still cannot use the domain-module.

4. drapsag

drapsag New Member

OK, I got it. I had too many tabs opened in my browser so I guess I hadn't logged out and back in properly. I closed my browser, relogged in and now it's working. Thanks for the help. Great panel BTW.