domain limit module and db data

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Nov 2, 2016.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Member

hi,

the data in the domain table is completely out of sync with the data in the web_domain table.
    i need to re-enable the domain limit module to run a import from a plesk server.
    i had problems with this before, it started re-writing domain names. so i want to fix the data in the domain table first.
    can i just delete all the data currently in the domain table then select those fields from the web_domain table and insert them into the domain table? or do i need to do this through the ispconfig interface?
    do i need to run any resyncs afterwards? this is on a multi-server installation.

also, what isn't clear from the migration scripts. if a client/login already exists in ispconfig, and i don't reserve the name, and a plesk server has ccounts with the same client/username, is the ispconfig account and it's websites removed/overwritten? or are the newly imported websites/databases etc merged into the already existing ispconfig account?

thanks
    lee.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Active Member

One thing you might check, I thought that when domain control was off and you had websites/email/dns created, then turned domain control on, it would automatically add all the current domains for you. If so, just turn it off, do your migration, then turn on ?

(I can't answer your other question, no experience with the migration tool.)