DNS records ok but site not showing

Discussion in 'General' started by psychop, Nov 16, 2011.

  1. psychop

    psychop New Member

    Created new server, configured new nameservers, users, phpmyadmin and stuf that belongs to it. ISPConfig works and shows all online.
    Added first site mysite.com and it works. Then added second site mysite.net and get error could not open. Site DNS records are all ok, if I check it with dig mysite.net all is ok, with online dns check it's status is pass. Uploaded changes index.html file to ftp.

    Any idea why only this site is not showing?
     
  2. falko

    falko Super Moderator

    Was the new vhost added to Vhosts_ispconfig.conf?

    Can you go to the directory where Vhosts_ispconfig.conf is located (e.g. /etc/apache2/vhosts on Debian/Ubuntu) and post the output of
    Code:
    ls -la
    ?
     
  3. psychop

    psychop New Member

    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 16 17:45 .
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Nov 16 17:46 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4496 Nov 17 12:41 Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4496 Nov 17 12:41 Vhosts_ispconfig.conf~

    that's it. checked all entries one more time but nothing. Then I deleted ispconfig site and DNS entry and reentered all one more time and now it's working.
    Any ideas why doesn't worki if entries are created before domain's nameservers are reseted ??
     
  4. kextra1

    kextra1 ISPConfig Developer

    Who's the Registrar?

    I have two suggestions that may help.

    This problem may branch from default host record settings for the domain set in the registrar's management panel.

    Who's did you buy the domain from?

    If one site is showing and this one is not and everything is the same in the domain's registrar panel this later one is more likely if it has anything to do with DNS.

    Are you using your domain provider's name servers or your own server's name server's through ISPConfig for this domain?

    One time awhile back I had either upgraded BIND9 or ISPConfig and all sites/domains set to my server's local DNS servers did not work. They did not even load up...wouldn't load the domain at all when entered in the browser.

    So I went into the registrar's control panel for the first domain in question and set the DNS servers for that domain back to the registrars default name servers and after waiting for it to take the site showed up. That's how I troubleshooted the issue that way and zero'd down the cause of that particular problem.

    I don't have much information on your problem but here's another alternative suggestion to check.

    I notice you have both:

    Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    Vhosts_ispconfig.conf~

    I use "joe" as my favorite text editor so I'm familiar with the "~" backup on manual editing files. If you manually edited the vhosts file by hand it could be a spacing issue in the file from the manual edit. Sometimes those files like vhosts_ispconfig.conf & virtualmailuser don't like to have additional spaces on lines of the file...that was a weird problem I also encountered in the past.

    However my best guess is the first or second... if your other domains are showing and just the one doesn't load up I doubt it's a vhost file issue and would bet on solutions #1 or #2 before the later. However without more information it's hard to say.

    Hope this helps
     
  5. psychop

    psychop New Member

    Well all was fixed with deleting vhosts file and rebooting server...
    in ispconfig loaded all from backup file and presto... all working... tnx for helpa all
     

Share This Page