DNS Records not updating

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by AmpSys, Mar 8, 2013.

1. AmpSys

AmpSys New Member

Hello all,

We're having an issues with DNS records that we're adding/updating in the console not updating on our NS servers (multi-server config). Long story short, we lost both of our original NS servers and had to re-create them. We have traffic flowing for all email and websites, but it's not until today I noticed that creating a new A record in the console was not carrying over to the NS servers.

If I:
    Code:
    SELECT * ON dns_rr;

on either NS server, I do not see the new entries when running this command on the web/console server.

Root and SQL passwords are the same, I can connect from the web/console server to either NS server using:
    Code:
    mysql -h ns1 (or ns2).domainname -u root -p

and I've also confirmed the password in the mysql_clientdb.conf on both NS servers are also the same as everything else....

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what else I can check to resolve?

Thanks!

2. AmpSys

AmpSys New Member

Anybody...any ideas?

3. AmpSys

AmpSys New Member

Nobody has had to rebuild the DNS servers in a multi-server config? We're really stuck here!

4. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You can resync your dns records with the resync tool. See ispconfig tools module.