DNS Records not updating

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by AmpSys, Mar 8, 2013.

1. AmpSys

AmpSys New Member

Hello all,

We're having an issues with DNS records that we're adding/updating in the console not updating on our NS servers (multi-server config). Long story short, we lost both of our original NS servers and had to re-create them. We have traffic flowing for all email and websites, but it's not until today I noticed that creating a new A record in the console was not carrying over to the NS servers.

If I:
    Code:
    SELECT * ON dns_rr;

on either NS server, I do not see the new entries when running this command on the web/console server.

Root and SQL passwords are the same, I can connect from the web/console server to either NS server using:
    Code:
    mysql -h ns1 (or ns2).domainname -u root -p

and I've also confirmed the password in the mysql_clientdb.conf on both NS servers are also the same as everything else....

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what else I can check to resolve?

Thanks!

2. AmpSys

AmpSys New Member

Anybody...any ideas?

3. AmpSys

AmpSys New Member

Nobody has had to rebuild the DNS servers in a multi-server config? We're really stuck here!

4. till

till Super Moderator

You can resync your dns records with the resync tool. See ispconfig tools module.