Disable autoreplies for alias

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Idemot, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Idemot

Idemot New Member

Hello,

Is it possible to disable autoreplies when an email is sent to an alias?

I have configured 3 mailboxes, let's say bob@domain.com, james@domain.com and john@domain.com, and there is also an alias support@domain.com who dispatch the email to each of those addresses.

If Bob activate the autoreply system for his email address it works fine, I receive an autoreply when I send him an email. The problem is when I send an email to the alias (support@domain.com), I also got the autoreply from Bob, which is not a good thing because the other 2 receive the email too and can answer.

Is there a way to activate the autoreply system only when an email is sent directly to the mailbox, and disable it (don't send a response) when the mail is sent to the alias?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

There is no such config option available in ispconfig. The aliases are resolved by postfix in a early stage of delivery, so I'am not sure if it can be detected reliably if a email has been sent to an alias in the autoresponder script.

: alias, autoreply