Default website

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sellotape, Apr 17, 2011.

1. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Hi there.

This is a complete newbie question but it's one I have not found support for!

At present if I try and access my server from a windows pc on the local network by typing in the server name in a browsers address bar; it takes me one of the websites I have running in ISPConfig (which interestingly enough is ID #1 in the ISPConfig website manager).

I'd like to have a default page or Intranet so that that if I access the server locally by typing the server name; it'll bring up an individual page that is not related to the sites currently hosted on the server.

Thanks

Ash

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. d1sk0

d1sk0 New Member

At least on Debian/Ubuntu ID 1 is just a coincidence, not the reason why this page shows up. It's the site configured for the first domain in the alphabetically sorted list, because of the way virtual hosts are included by Debians's Apache config. Therefore you just need to setup another site (which doesn't need to have a related DNS record) which has a domain name that will always be the first when sorting alphabetically, e.g. 000_default (which is Debian's default name for that) or make a symbolic link /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000_default -> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/your_default_page.vhost

HTH,

Andreas

3. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Thank you d1sk0 that worked our great!