Default gateway for ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dgmufasa, Jan 28, 2012.

1. dgmufasa

dgmufasa New Member

Hello all,

How does one set the default gateway under ispconfig 3? I have other machines. They correctly identify the nameserver to use and return correct answers.

The machine with Ispconfig 3 on it does not correctly identify the nameserver and instead looks for the gateway.

192.168.1.254 is the Gateway 2-wire router

91.198.22.76 is the host provider

Can someone point me in the direction of how to set the default nameserver in an ispconfig 3 installation?

TIA

2. falko

falko Super Moderator

You can set the nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf.

3. dgmufasa

dgmufasa New Member

Hi and thanks for the response :)

Before, everything was working. When looking at the /etc/resolv.conf, I see
    Is there a place to do some kind of definition so that the list of gateways will ~always~ include 192.168.1.70 (nameserver)? Whenever I just add the nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf

and start working, everything is OK. but the minute I do:

then I am back to the same problem

TIA

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. midcarolina

midcarolina New Member

TIA,

From what I can see in your #cat /etc/resolv.conf you have added a gateway as a nameserver. I could be wrong here, but I don't think that this will work.

Not sure what distribution you are using, but if the nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf are correct, you should check the ifcfg-eth0 for the default gateway. On my distribution that is found here:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

Hope this is helpful

5. dgmufasa

dgmufasa New Member

Thank you for your help. Everything is working again. :D

I went to: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

old def of ifcfg-eth0:

new def:
    The only thing is that the gateway still appears after bouncing the system. But, everything is working OK and the gateway is listed last - so - theoretically, I should be safe - right?

6. midcarolina

midcarolina New Member

I am glad that it is working. My first answer would be to leave it alone and keep a close watch on your error logs, then go from here. I have seen redundant information (or unused) information in the nameservers and eth0 files that had no effect on the system at all, and have tried others that broke it right away.

That being said, again, I would leave well enough alone, but check my error logs very closely.

7. dgmufasa

dgmufasa New Member

Hi Midcarolina - will do. Thank you again for all the help :D
    Cheers!