Dectivate site, default site

Discussion in 'General' started by datahellas, Dec 12, 2010.

1. datahellas

datahellas New Member

When I de-activate a site on ISPConfig 3 then the first (alphabetically ordered) site is being displayed in its place. So if I have and site and I de-activate then when someone types in the address bar he will see in its place.

How I can change that and make it display an other site or, even better, a warning page that the site requested has been disabled?

Thanks in advanced.
  2. jboud

jboud Member

Good question. It's rather a system config issue rather than ISPconfig I think. In my production system I can see in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ a file called 000-default along with the rest of the domain config files. And another file under /etc/apache2/sites-available/ called default. My guess is that editing those files and correcting the:
    DocumentRoot /var/www/
    <Directory /var/www/>
    lines, would do the trick. Turning them into something like /var/www/

you'll need an apache restart after that /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Unfortunately I wouldnt risk tampering with my production system so I cannot confirm that this is it. Maybe some more experienced linux grand master or someone able to experiment it can confirm this.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you use specific IP addresses for your web sites, or did you select * in the IP Address field in ISPConfig?