DB Connection error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vaio1, Feb 18, 2011.

1. vaio1

vaio1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

After the upgrading of the ISPConfig 2 to ISPConfig 3 I get this error message when users try to connect their web pages to the dbserver:

Code:
    Host 'webserver.mydomain.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

How can I let connect the users to the Database sever?

They cannot connect using the "localhost" parameter, obviously, so what?

thanks

2. vaio1

Ok I have solved the problem but the user created by the ISPControl doesn't have the correct rights.

Code:
    | localhost                   | mydbaccount    | *E04703600BF2B47B96A904B4D49671A72E911490 | N           | N           | N           | N           | N           | N         | N           | N             | N            | N         | N          | N               | N          | N          | N            | N          | N                     | N                | N            | N               | N                | N                | N              | N                   | N                  | N                | N          | N            |          |            |             |              |             0 |           0 |               0 |                    0 |

What happens?

3. damir

damir New Member

You can't upgrade ISPConfig 2 to ISPConfig 3 because those two are completely different piece of software and therefore not compatible with each other.

4. vaio1

Sorry but I meant that I had the ISPConfig 2 before. Then I have clean all formatting the HD and then I have done a fresh install of the ISPConfig 3.

Have you any suggestions?