Database Remote Access

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Lionheart82, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Lionheart82

Lionheart82 Member

Hello everyone,

I am facing a cind of but here and i thought it would be best if someone else could run a test also.

I am runing ispconfig 3.0.4.2 version along with centos 5.5.

On every mysql database i create i enable the Remote Access for start and after i make sure the site is live and ok i disable it...

now both remote(using navicat) and pma access is working fine during this time...

If latter i re-enable the remote access the database will not connect remotelly and after i manual restart mysql service it will not connect at all even with phpmyadmin.

Can everyone else verify that?

2. till

till Super Moderator

You dont run the latest ispconfig version. So the first step if you have any problem is to update to the current ispconfig release as it does not maky any sense to try to verify problems in old releases that might have been fixed already.

3. Lionheart82

Lionheart82 Member

I did upgrade to the lattest version today, The bug is gone :D

4. trondhuso

trondhuso New Member

Does this mean that I can set remote access without any changes to code, and then continue as normal?

How do I connect to the database from another domain or sub domain? Do I tell that I want to use a database, or do I not tick that box?

Trond

5. till

till Super Moderator

There were never code changes required. Remote access is available for quite some time. This thread is just about a bug in 3.0.4.2 which ahs been fixed in 3.0.4.3.

Just likey any other connect, instead of localhost you use the hostname of the server that runs the mysql db.

You have to enable the checkbox if you want to access the database from a remote location. Optionally you can limit the access to specific remote Ip addresses.