Database issues on multiserver setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jamesl22, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jamesl22

jamesl22 New Member

Hi,

I have followed the multiserver setup tutorial for debain 6. All is working well except when I create a database it gets created on the webserver's mysql server rather than the dedicated mysql server. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

James

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure that you selected the database server and not the webserver server in the mysql database details when you create a new database.

3. jamesl22

jamesl22 New Member

I can select the mysql server as admin but there is not option to do so as a regular user? Even selecting it as admin creates it on the webserver.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. till

The server for regular users is set by the admin in the client limits of that user.

5. jamesl22

jamesl22 New Member

DB server is already set to the actual database server. If I select allow remote access and input the ip of the webserver I can connect. Even though I commented out
    Code:
    #bindaddress 127.0.0.1

6. till

Changing the value does not affect any existing database, the value in the client setting is the default for new databases.

1) Delete the Database.
    2) Go to client settimngs, make sure that the correct database server is selecetd there and click on save. You have to save the clinet settings once even if the correct server shows up already, as if there is only one db server, then this one shows up of course in the list even of you have not selected it yet.
    3) Create a new database as client.

Thats required beside the above settings, even if it is not related to the original problem. To access a database from a specific IP, you have to allow access from this IP to the database if the database and web server are not the same server.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  7. jamesl22

jamesl22 New Member

Thats fixed it.

Thanks