Customer With Multiple Domain Names

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ZebraCobra, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ZebraCobra

ZebraCobra New Member

Hi, I have a customer with 24 top level domain names and I don't see where I can group them into one ftp account. The only way I can find is creating an e-mail/ftp user for each one of the domains but that can be right, how can I send the customer 24 different login names.
    Does anyone know a way around this?

2. Ben

Ben HowtoForge Supporter

Actually I think there is no other solution, than creating an ftp per domain.

Co-Domains will not help here because I guess you talk about independent domains which shall not redirect to one...

3. till

till Super Moderator

Create 1 new client for your customer, add the 24 websites for him or 1 website and 23 co-domains if all the 24 domains shall point to the smae website. Then your customer will be able to add the FTP admin accounts with the passwords through his client login.

4. Ben

Ben HowtoForge Supporter

@till: SO that means the cuomster himsel has the ability to manage N domains with 1 user PW, but the admin creating that user not? Good to now, never used the customerinterface ;)

5. till

till Super Moderator

The admin can manage all clients, domains and users / mailaccounts on the server and the client himself can manage all domains and users / mailaccounts he owns.