crypt-md5 Passwort support

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Croydon, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

As I changed one of my servers from confixx to ispconfig I needed to keep the
    passwords of the confixx login-users.
    As the sys_user table contains PASSWORD() or MD5() passwords I had to change
    the login script to support crypt-md5 passwords, too.

Maybe this could be included in one of the next releases so I don't fall into problems when updating ispconfig?

$tmp $db->queryOneRecord("SELECT `passwort` FROM `sys_user` WHERE `username` =
    $tmpcryptpw crypt($passwortsubstr($tmp["passwort"], 012));

$laston date("y-m-d H:i:s");
    //$conn = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM sys_user where username = '$username'");
    $sql "SELECT * FROM sys_user WHERE username = '".$username."' AND (passwort = '".md5($passwort)."' OR passwort = PASSWORD('".$passwort."') OR passwort = '".$tmpcryptpw."')";
    if ($passwort != "" && $row $db->queryOneRecord($sql)){

/* Check nach login PUT Variablen*/
    if (($username != "") && ($passwort != "")) {
    $username addslashes($username);
    $passwort addslashes($passwort);

$tmp $go_api->db->queryOneRecord("SELECT `passwort` FROM `sys_user` WHERE `username` = '$username'");
    $tmpcryptpw crypt($passwortsubstr($tmp["passwort"], 012));

if (
    $row $go_api->db->queryOneRecord("SELECT username,doc_id FROM sys_user WHERE username = '$username' AND (passwort = PASSWORD('$passwort') OR passwort = '".md5($passwort)."' OR passwort = '".$tmpcryptpw."')")) {
    $row["username"] == $username)

I don't know if this leads to problems with ispconfig but I hope it doesn't...?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've added this as feature request to the bugtracker.
  3. jbravo

jbravo New Member

Doesn't ISPConfig support crypt-md5 passwords out of the box? Or we talk about different things:)

grep md5 /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/
    $go_info["server"]["password_hash"] = 'md5'; // 'crypt' = crypt; 'md5' = crypt-md5
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports crypt-md5 out of the box for Linux system users (mail and FTP) in /etc/password. The above patch is something different, it enables crypt-md5 support for the ISPConfig client login, which is stored in the sys_user table in the ISPConfigMySQL database. By default, ISPConfig uses md5 hashes in sys_user table.