cron Job error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pawan, Jan 1, 2013.

1. pawan

pawan New Member

I have added a magento cron job, but in the monitor job queue it is not getting cleared.

the command for cron job added is like this:
    /var/www/clients/client22/web35/sub-domain-directory/cron.sh

the server debug logs:
    Code:
    2013-01-02 02:11 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds... 	
    2013-01-02 02:11 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds... 	
    2013-01-02 02:10 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	Added jailkit user to chroot with command: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_jailkit_user.sh web35 /var/www/clients/client22/web35 /home/web35 /bin/bash 	
    2013-01-02 02:10 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	Added cron programs to jailkit chroot with command: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_jailkit_programs.sh /var/www/clients/client22/web35 '/usr/bin/php /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/perl /usr/share/php' 	
    2013-01-02 02:10 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	Added programs to jailkit chroot with command: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_jailkit_programs.sh /var/www/clients/client22/web35 '/usr/bin/groups /usr/bin/id /usr/bin/dircolors /usr/bin/lesspipe /usr/bin/basename /usr/bin/dirname /usr/bin/nano /usr/bin/pico' 	
    2013-01-02 02:10 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	Jailkit Plugin (Cron) -> setting up jail 	
    2013-01-02 02:10 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	Calling function 'update' from plugin 'cron_jailkit_plugin' raised by event 'cron_update'. 	
    2013-01-02 02:10 	server1.mywebsolutions.co.in 	Debug 	Found 1 changes, starting update process.

Need a solution to overcome this problem.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The cronjob is jailed according to the output, so the command executed by cron must be relative to the jail, cahnge the command to:

/sub-domain-directory/cron.sh

3. pawan

pawan New Member

Tiil

I am really sorry, but I I need further clarification. I have used the command

/var/www/clients/client22/web35/sub-domain-directory/cron.sh

now you say change the command to:

does it mean that I should omit /var/www/clients/client22/web35/ or just remove /web35/ like:

/var/www/clients/client22/sub-domain-directory/cron.sh

Thanks.

4. till

Enter this into the command field:

5. pawan

pawan New Member

my cronjob list look like this:

server1.example.com domain.com 10 * * * * /subdomain-directory/cron.sh

But the the monitor - show job queue shows it pending.

I tried running the command in the terminal the output is like this:
    HTML:
    pawan@server1:~$ sudo su
    [sudo] password for pawan: 
    root@server1:/home/pawan# rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lockroot@server1:/home/pawan# rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lockroot@server1:/home/pawan# rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lockroot@server1:/home/pawan# rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lockroot@server1:/home/pawan# /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Found 3 changes, starting update process.
    02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Calling function 'update' from plugin 'cron_jailkit_plugin' raised by event 'cron_update'.
    02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Jailkit Plugin (Cron) -> setting up jail
    02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Added programs to jailkit chroot with command: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_jailkit_programs.sh /var/www/clients/client22/web35 '/usr/bin/groups /usr/bin/id /usr/bin/dircolors /usr/bin/lesspipe /usr/bin/basename /usr/bin/dirname /usr/bin/nano /usr/bin/pico'
    02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Added cron programs to jailkit chroot with command: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_jailkit_programs.sh /var/www/clients/client22/web35 '/usr/bin/php /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/perl /usr/share/php'
    usermod: no changes
    02.01.2013-15:33 - DEBUG - Added jailkit user to chroot with command: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_jailkit_user.sh web35 /var/www/clients/client22/web35 /home/web35 /bin/bash
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function mkdir() on a non-object in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/cron_jailkit_plugin.inc.php on line 302
    root@server1:/home/pawan# 

One more thing while adding a cronjob - in the dropdown list I get the list of the parent website names only and not subdomain.domain.tld. is it ok?

server debug log is like this:
    2013-01-02 15:47 server1.mywebsolutions.co.in Debug There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds...
    2013-01-02 15:47 server1.mywebsolutions.co.in Debug There is already an instance of server.php running. Exiting.
    2013-01-02 15:46 server1.mywebsolutions.co.in Debug There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds...
    2013-01-02 15:46 server1.mywebsolutions.co.in Debug There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  6. till

Which ISPConfig version do you use?

Yes, thats ok as subdomains can not have cronjobs, a cronjob is always assigned to a website.

7. pawan

pawan New Member

Ispconfig 3.0.5 rc1

8. pawan

pawan New Member

Till,
    No matter how I try, I have used all combinations like fro example:

But none of them work,
    but url cron like http://domain.tld/cron.php works fine. so my cron is running fine with domain.tld/cron.php
    and for subdomain like http://subdomain.domain.tld/cron.php is also working fine.

So why the .sh command not working? is there any issue with that or I am doing it wrong?
    and is there any con in running URL cron.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  9. pawan

pawan New Member

ISPC cron log error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function mkdir() on a non-object in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/cron_jailkit_plugin.inc.php on line 302
    ERROR: /var/www/clients/client48/web77/etc is not owned by root:root!
    ERROR: /var/www/clients/client48/web77/etc is not owned by root:root!
    usermod: no changes

10. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I've added this to our bugtracker, so we will check that.

11. sjswarts

sjswarts New Member

Any update on this?

G'day guys,

Please tell me if I am hijacking this thread, I've seen multiple people have issues with this and I am also having issues with it.

Another example is this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57726&page=3

Is there any update on this problem?

I noticed checking out the last post on the above mentioned thread that the jail might not be added correctly to each user. On my server I have only one user that has the correctly added jailkit code behind their name under
    Code:
    /etc/passwd
    file.

Code:
    username:x:5017:5018::/var/www/clients/client21/web14/./home/username:/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh
    Running ISPConfig 3.0.5.2

but the rest do NOT have this...
    Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to manually add it behind each existing user? Is this even the cause of the issue?

Again I apologize for the hijack if this is the wrong procedure.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013