Courier maildir on cifs

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by yucktoufoo, Jun 21, 2011.

1. yucktoufoo

yucktoufoo New Member

Hi,

I have installed ispconfig 3 on debian squeeze as per the perfect server guide. The only differnce being that I mounted /var/vmail to a folder on my nas box using cifs. It's mounted as with the correct owner (vmail.vmail) and seems to have identical permissions to another of my servers running courier.

I created the domain and mailboxes in ispc3 and the relevant dirs were created on the nas but I cannot get mail delivered to it as there seems to be a problem with calling stat()

Code:
     /usr/bin/maildrop: Cannot stat() home directory.
    I can su to the postfix user and stat the directory no problem.

Anyone done this before? Am I missing something simple?.

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator

As far as I know, ciffs does not support all Linux filesystem capabilities. If you want to use a remote storage, try to use nfs instead.

3. yucktoufoo

yucktoufoo New Member

Thanks I will try this but I think nfs is broken on squeeze as it refuses to mount my NFS server.

4. yucktoufoo

yucktoufoo New Member

Hi, now nfs works but I have permission issues so am still unable to have maildrop put my mail on the nfs share as the ownership of /var/vmail is not correct and I cant seem to chown that.

5. till

till Super Moderator

If you cant chown it, then there must be a problem with your NAS drive or the share is mounted wrong.