Control Panel login for a re seller client

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by RobMorin, Dec 2, 2013.

1. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

Hello , is there such a thing or addon that would allow a re seller's client(single domain) to login and manage their own email and so on?

I do not see it if there is already...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sure. Just login with the username and password of the reseller or client.
  3. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

Sorry, i guess i did not explain myself correctly, my bad..

Ok lets say there is a reseller named HostingInc, this reseller has 100 domains, one of his domains is I want to be able to have login on his own and provision his own stuff.

As currently i do not see anywhere i can have a user and password for the end user domain to log in?

4. till

Just login with the username and password of the reseller. There is just one field named username and one field named password in the reseller settings, so you cant miss it. Use this username and password to login to ispconfig and you are in the reseller area of this reseller. as you will see there, a reseller can create its own clients with own login details.
  5. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

So then any end user that wants to provisions his own website I would need to create a client under the re-seller, so that end user can log in and do what he needs to do?

6. till

Correct. How shall he be able to do anything in ispconfig without having a login?
  7. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

So if this clients logs in he can add websites as he pleases... i just want him to provision what he has.... not be able to add 10 more websites.....

SO for each of the 100 domains i have, I have to add a client and then try to restrict this client to only provision his website...

I am migrating from ISP Omega to ISPconfig, and that option is there by default. Each domain i add is able to log on to provision his website with out any special configuration and is limited only to what he has and cannot add any more domains ....

SO this means lots more work for me and less security for the system as a whole///
  8. till

No, he cant. He can add eaxctly the number of websites that you allowed him to add in the client limits and you can also limit the domains for the client in details etc.

ISP Omega is very limited in its functionality so I full understand that you have to adapt yourself first to a controlpanel for ISP's that allow more detailed client limits and does allow you to manage more then one website for a client like larger ISP's do it.

So you might want to install ispconfig first and then take a look at the client limits in the client module to make yurself familr with that or buy and read the manual were everything is described in detail.
  9. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

Thanks for answering Till, I understand what you mean, but they way we would have to implement it actually means twice the work input... as for every single domain we need to also add a client, so we double the input, it just makes for more data entry work which takes time and that is in bug demand for a smaller ISP.

If your a company with 50 employees its great, if your 2 guys, it sucks....

But thanks for all your help, and ISP config is a very cool application!

Have a great day.
  10. till

You really dont have a client that owns more then one domain or website?

Most clients would find it really annoying if they own 5 websites and then need 5 logins at their ISP for them while they need only one login when ISPConfig is used as they are able to manage all thir website, email domains etc. from a single login.

And when it comes to billing: If a client owns 5 sites, do you send him 5 invoices a month instead just one invoice which lists the amounts for his 5 sites?
  11. zenny

zenny Member

But it depends, Till. If a customer owns 5 sites, belonging to 5 different legal entities, and want to separate each business, then one needs to issue 5 different invoices in that case.
  12. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

Hey Till, if i have a customer(not reseller) that has more then one domain, i create a client(not reseller) in ISPconfig, for him and all his domains go under that one client name, that's fine. So he logs in with that one login and does what he needs..

But if i have a customer that has one domain only, unless i create a client for him, he cannot log in and provision his one and only domain.

About us.....

We have 3 resellers(IE; FredInc, BarneyInc and WilmaInc), that have their own logins and they do what they want up to the limits we make in the reseller profile, all that works fine.

Now other than those 3 resellers, we have are our own hosting/ISP(IE; BamBamInc) so we have our own reseller account(BamBam), where we have a bit over 150 domains that are our customers, now if those separate domain owners want to be able to log in and do stuff on their own, there is now way to unless we make a client account for then, correct? Then that means making 150 clients and linking each one to their respective domains. thast much more work to do then we did on Omega as each domain could have their own log or they can be grouped together inside a client or reseller account.

But if thats what has to be done, then i guess we will have to do it...

13. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Correct. There is no way to make customers login until they have a client account. So you will have to create a client for each of your customers, no matter if they have 1 domain or 1000 in your system.
  14. RobMorin

RobMorin New Member

Thanks again Croydon...

Have a good one...