Cluster slave web interface

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Robert Heessels, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Robert Heessels

Robert Heessels New Member HowtoForge Supporter

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess Florian does not install the interface on the second node. In an older version of the tutorial which was written by me, I've described the installation of the ISPConfig UI on the second node. When you do that, then the interface config.inc.php file must be modified to connect to dbispconfig1 instead of dbispconfig2 on the second node.

3. Robert Heessels

Clear!
    Can I run the `php -q install.php` command once more, or do I first need uninstall something?
    Or is there a separate way to enable the web interface?

4. till

The installer cannot be run again and uninstalling one node in the cluster is not a good choice. Try this: copy the ispconfig.vhost file from server1 /etc/apache2/sites-available/ to server2. Then copy over the ispconfig vhost symlink from /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ (or create a new symlink with that name) and restart apache.

5. Robert Heessels

I use Nginx (on Ubuntu 18.04). Copied the niginx confs from the master to the slave.
    Problem now is that /var/lib/php7.2-fpm/ispconfig.sock is missing.
    Any ideas?

6. Robert Heessels

I got it working by using fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock; instead of ispconfig.sock. Not sure if ispconfig.sock does something important or how it can be installed?

I also had to change group rights to config.inc.php and temp. Is that okay?

Web interface is now showing, but no clients etc. What database/server do I now set? And in `db_database` or in `dbmaster_database`? I want it to use the slave's own replicated database; not connect to the master. So it can still function when the master is offline.

7. till

The php7.2-fpm.sock runs udner a wronbg user (www-data) instead of the user ispconfig. That's why you had to alter permissions of the config files. Basically, you opened a security hole with that as other applications run as www-data too and if one of them gets hacked, the attacker will get access to the ispconfig database and can take over your server. I won't run ispconfig under www-data user.

The interface must always connect to the master database. Yoz can use the replicated instance on the slave for that.

8. Robert Heessels

Not good indeed. I was suspecting that.
    So how can I get/restore ispconfig.sock?

9. till

I guess the ispconfig php fpm config is missing. Try to copy it over the pool file for the from master server and restart the php fpm daemon.

10. Robert Heessels

That worked!
    Till, you are amazing. Thank you for all the help. Thank you for Ispconfig. This all is a huge blessing to me and I really appreciate it! <3

till likes this.