[CLIENTID] Prefix issue..

Discussion in 'General' started by bajodel, Jan 20, 2012.

1. bajodel

bajodel New Member

In order to better explain my issue, i'll give you an example..

(testing on ISPConfig 3 v 3.0.4.2 & debian squeeze)

If I globally set prefixes like that:

FTP USer: ftp[CLIENTID]_
    DB Name: dbn[CLIENTID]_
    DB User: dbu[CLIENTID]_

The Client (and also the admin) can successfully create/edit items like..
    - ftp3_mycustom
    - dbn_mydbname
    - dbu_whatiwant
    ..without any conflicts.

The reseller, instead, cannot add/edit items correctly because the interface imposes the reseller [CLIENTID] which take precedence over the client one.
    For example.. if a reseller try to edit an already inserted client ftp user like 'ftp3_mycustom', the interface add another prefix and the result is something like 'ftp2_ftp3_mycustom'.
    The problem is also visible if the reseller create first the user (so 'ftp2_mycustom') and the client try to edit it.

All is ok if the add/edit actions are made by the admin. In this case the prefixes are correctly preserved.

Am I wrongly using the "prefix feature" or it's a little bug ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

3. bajodel

bajodel New Member

This should fix the issue ..

On file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/tools.inc.php
    (diff original_file fixed_one)
    Code:
    85,86c85,87
    <
    <     if($_SESSION["s"]["user"]["typ"] != 'admin' || $app->auth->has_clients($_SESSION['s']['user']['userid'])) {
    ---
    >     /* (like FS#1234 above) - CLIENTID value when in reseller account - need check this workarround impact */
    >     //if($_SESSION["s"]["user"]["typ"] != 'admin' || $app->auth->has_clients($_SESSION['s']['user']['userid'])) {
    >     if($_SESSION["s"]["user"]["typ"] != 'admin' && ! $app->auth->has_clients($_SESSION['s']['user']['userid'])) {

: clientid, prefix