Client/Domain/Zone errors after ISPConfig 3.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by adscomp, Sep 29, 2016.

  1. adscomp

    adscomp New Member

    Thank you very much for the hard work to make ISPConfig 3.1 available!

    CentOS release 6.8 (final)
    Apache 2.2.15
    MySQL 5.1.73
    PHP 5.3.3

    I ran the update script this morning to ISPConfig 3.1 and saw the same " line 21: -d: command not found" error that has already been discussed in the forums. Initially I had some issues with Amavis refusing to start because IPv6 was disabled in sysctl.conf and in my network ifcfg-eth0 script file. I also installed packages php-idn and haveged when I saw notices that they were missing.

    My bigger issue though is that I can't make changes to the users and domains in the ISPConfig interface. I think this might be similar to issue number 3897 posted about 5 months ago. (I can't link to it yet). There are three main areas that I am having problems, and I think they are all related.

    Client -> Edit Client screen
    Email*: is listed as username@ (no domain) even though in the MySQL database dbispconfig -> client table, the email is listed as the full email address. Trying to correct the email address in the ISP Config GUI window gives the error:...
    1. Please enter a valid email address.​
    ...and the Email*: field changes back to the username@ portion of the address.

    Client -> Add Client screen
    When I try creating a test client, I get the same error:...
    1. Please enter a valid email address.​
    ...and the full email address that I entered gets truncated to the username@ portion only.

    Based on other responses in the forum, I uncheck the option below, but that made no changes for me.
    System -> Interface - Main Config -> Domains: "Use the domain limits in client module to add new domains" -- unchecked, but this has not changed anything.

    Editing DNS zones:
    When I try to edit an existing DNS Zone, the Zone (SOA) is blank (or just a period when the domain limits was checked) as are NS: and Email: fields. The dns_soa MySQL table lists the correct data for each of the domains on my server, but when I try to correct the ISP Config GUI fields, I get the following error:...
    1. Zone empty.
    Zone has a invalid format.
    NS has a invalid format.
    Email is empty.
    Email format invalid.​
    These edited fields (SOA, NS, and Email) are then cleared out as well as the Client drop-down. The MySQL table does not get altered (fortunately so that email continues to function).

    I have not yet tried a full installation of ISPConfig 3.1 on a new VM as I would like to keep the data in tact from this server. I did try rolling back to ISPConfig-, using the backup software and SQL files that were created. That was almost disastrous when I dropped all the tables from my ISPConfig database, thinking that they'd be recreated by the SQL dump file. I had gotten an error trying to restore the SQL file because the tables still had data in them. I found the script to initialize the tables in the installation package for ISPConfig- However, I was having all of the domain issues above before trying to roll back to the previous version of ISPConfig, so I don't think my troubleshooting introduced any problems to my configuration. That restore was successful except that I could not log in to the admin interface. However, I successfully ran the from the root shell and it gave me the new interface again and I was able to log in. The Client and Domain errors still persist as I have detailed above.

    Thank you for any suggestions!

  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

  3. adscomp

    adscomp New Member

    Your instructions about adding the line...
    return $domain;​ that other thread worked great! Thank you for your help!
  4. realdealhungary

    realdealhungary New Member

    Hi Till,

    And what if it didn't solve the problem?
    I'm having the same issue. Can't even add client.
    The form returns with the error message : "Please enter a valid email address" on ajax submit.
    In the meantime the domain was removed from the email address like I entered
    and after submitting the form and the error thrown it looks like:
    the entire domain is missing.
    I tried to add the correct value through browser console directly to the input field but didn't work out.
  5. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    The above solved the problem on all installations that had this issue, so you should recheck to see if you applied it correctly or update to git-stable where a workaround has been implemented already-
  6. realdealhungary

    realdealhungary New Member

    Yes, you're right. My mistake. I have replaced this line:
    if($domain == '') return '';
    with this one
    if($domain == '') return $domain;
    by adding return $domain; instead of adding a new line.
    Corrected and it works fine now. Thank you for your reply!

Share This Page