clamd stopped running after upgrade --- fixed

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by mxc, Nov 4, 2007.

  1. mxc

    mxc ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    Recently when I upgraded to 2.2.18 I noticed that my clamd was not running anymore. Like many others I have had to switch to using the clamd daemon as opposed to running on a per mail basis due to high cpu utilization.

    As part of this change I had to setup a init.d script to run clamd on startup. When running this script, after upgrading, I got "clamd dead by subsys locked". I had enabled logging in the clamd.conf file under /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/etc/clamd.conf. Looking at this file showed that during the upgrade a socket file had been left in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp/clamd. I delete this file and then could restart the clamd daemon without issue.

    I hope this helpds someone-else

    Your Java and Linux experts
    Vodacom 3g R99/month
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    I moved the thread to the tipps & tricks forum.

Share This Page