CLAMAV & amavis updating problem

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by herbie, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. herbie

    herbie New Member

    I have been using the perfect Sarge-Postfix-courier-amavis setup for a while now and noticed a problem today:
    researching showed this to be an amavis problem (just restart amavis), but further error messages showed that CLAMAV had changed the ownership of several files from amavis to clamav. Here is a link to explain and fix the problem:
    I also noticed that after restarting the clam daemons and amavis, it took about 8-10 minutes to start working properly again. I was then busy researching an error in the freshclam reload code, when I noticed version .90 is out! May need to do this all over again!

    Thought this might help someone else.

Share This Page