change webalizer passwd/update notworking

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by trexen, Feb 14, 2011.

1. trexen

trexen Member

Hi,

i gor som problem when change the webXX_admin password it dosent change /webXX/.htpasswd that the /weXX/web/webalizer points to.

can i change the htpasswd file manualy to the correct password?

regards
    Marcus

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

The .htpasswd file will be changed at 4:00h when the webalizer cron job runs, so you might have to wait a day.

3. trexen

trexen Member

its still the same problem, cant login whit the admin account.

any sugestions?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

What's the ouptut of
    Code:
    crontab -l
    ?

5. trexen

trexen Member

mail:~# crontab -l
    30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null
    12 00 * * * /root/script/bk-script
    55 23 * * * /root/script/automysqlbackup.sh.2.5
    20 06 * * * /usr/sbin/logwatch
    mail:~#

6. falko

Looks ok. Is webXX_admin listed in the .htpasswd file?

You can change the password manually with the htpasswd command. Take a look at
    Code:
    man htpasswd

7. trexen

trexen Member

still got problems hit this,

when runing: htpasswd .htpasswd username
    and then enter new password for the user, it works fine and i try to login and at got "401 Error - Authorisation required!"

and if i add a new user in to htpasswd, i got the same error as before.

/web/
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root web36 108 2011-03-17 15:11 .htpasswd

/web/web36/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 web36_admin web36 4096 2011-03-02 04:02 webalizer

/web/web36/webalizer/
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 web36_admin web36 126 2011-02-04 11:35 .htaccess

thanx in advanced
    //Marcus

i lookt in the .htpasswd file and the user dident get created, som not wonder it dosent work, now it working fine
    thanks =)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011