Change how Ispconfig generates SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by quantumsativa, Sep 12, 2009.

1. quantumsativa

quantumsativa New Member

Well, I just bought a SSL Cert from godaddy and cant install it becase the ssl generation of the cert is 1024 instead of 2048. How can I change in the configuration of ISPconfig so any website or client that would like to create a ssl cert it will generate the key to 2048.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This can not be configured at least in the current versions. You might have to change the apache plugin in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/ for that.

3. quantumsativa

quantumsativa New Member

the ssl plugin

Even if I genereate it 2048 manually and copy the csr result on goddady, re-key it. upload the crt and the bundle and add the apache directives as to read all the crt and the bundle to the path of the file. I restart apache and when I test it, it is not using the cert that I pointed to, when I view the cert info is all localhost.localdomain stuff. My question, Is it still reading other certificate like the main ispconfig one? why would it do this even if I am directing the vhost file to the path of the certs? and How can I fix this?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure that you selected a IP address for the SSL site and not * and that this IP address matches the IP address of DNS record of the domain name of the site.