Change from Dovecot to Courier-imap

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by markc, Apr 9, 2013.

1. markc

markc New Member

Is it possible to simply change the web interface (System -> Server Config -> my.server -> Mail -> POP3/IMAP Daemon) from Dovecot to Courier-imap, after installing the courier-imap packages, and expect it to work?

I guess not because I am seeing these erros and googling seems to indicate it's something to do with dovecot rather than postfix. I can't find a tutorial for a recent Ubuntu + courier-imap so I guess I will have to follow the older Debian one.

Code:
    Apr  9 03:21:17 g1 postfix/smtpd[5616]: warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: Connection refused
    Apr  9 03:21:17 g1 postfix/smtpd[5616]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
    Apr  9 03:21:18 g1 postfix/master[2038]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 5616 exit status 1
    I really just want to use maildrop instead of sieve for local delivery so I can add Dspam for extra spam filtering as the default spamassassin settings are only about 80% effective but I'm used to 99% filtering with Dspam.

Any suggestion how best to swap, without a complete reinstall, from Dovecot to Courier-imap for the purpose of using Maildrop to add Dspam filtering?