Centos 7 - How to ruby in ISPConfig 3.x

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by martinhe, May 15, 2019.

1. martinhe

martinhe New Member

Hello to everybody,

is there any possibility of adding ruby support to ISPConfig on Apache?

I found clouds of tutorials using mod_ruby. Mod_ruby no longer works. Can't you please send me a verified tutorial ideally for CentOS? Ideally, it is SW available in some repository. The best solution is to include it in the CentOS base / epel repository, and so on.

Thank you all for the tips.

2. martinhe

martinhe New Member

Bump topic.
    Help please. How to run Ruby on ISPConfig?
    I can t find this information on manual.
    I found on websites only tutorias for ruby suppport only powered by mod_ruby.
    mod_ruby is dead? Alternative is Passenger? How to implement passenger to ISPConfig?
    Very thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports ruby integration with mod_ruby. You can probably use Passenger as well by pasting the required directives into the apache directives field or by creating an apache directive snippet Under system > Directive snippets for easier usage. ISPConfig will support Passenger natively in one of the next releases due to the end of mod_ruby support.

4. martinhe

martinhe New Member

Is using mod_ruby safe?
    Upgrade I guess not even planned?
    Can I ask for a link to an official or unofficial verified manual for integrating ruby into ISPConfig, at least for mod_ruby?

Thank you very much.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See post above: "ISPConfig will support Passenger natively in one of the next releases due to the end of mod_ruby support."

All tutorials that are available for ISPConfig are listed on the documentation page at ispconfig.org