Centos 5.3 / postfix maildir delivery failed: create maildir file

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bmossavari, Jun 28, 2009.

  1. bmossavari

    bmossavari New Member

    Hi

    I'm using ISPconfig 2.2.32 with more than 40 users

    One of our clients has email issue , nobody can send email to any email address that he has from outside
    email just bounced back with maildir delivery failed: create maildir file
    /var/www/web9/Maildir/tmp/1246184673.P7838.xxxxxxxxxx:
    Permission denied

    all email address hosted with this users have this issue.

    I searched the forum already and I checked:
    - SElinux is disable
    here is output of ls -la /var/www/web9
    Code:
    dr--------  8 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 28 15:48 .
    drwxr-xr-x 33 root      root 4096 Jun 27 13:42 ..
    drwxrwxr-x  2 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 10 12:14 cgi-bin
    -rw-------  1 web9_info web9   24 Jun 28 15:48 .forward
    -rw-rw-r--  1 root      web9  640 Jun 28 04:01 .htpasswd
    drwxr-xr-x  3 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 14 00:30 log
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root   36 Jun 28 15:48 Maildir -> /var/www/web9/user/web9_info/Maildir
    -rw-r--r--  1 root      root    0 Jun 28 15:48 passwd.dav
    drwxrwxrwx  2 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 10 12:14 phptmp
    -rw-r--r--  1 root      root  450 Jun 28 15:48 .procmailrc
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root   43 Jun 28 15:48 .spamassassin -> /var/www/web9/user/web9_info/.spamassassin/
    drwxr-xr-x  2 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 10 12:14 ssl
    drwxr-xr-x 14 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 28 14:08 user
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root   44 Jun 28 15:48 .vacation.cache -> /var/www/web9/user/web9_info/.vacation.cache
    drwxrwxr-x  4 web9_info web9 4096 Jun 11 04:00 web
    
    I check the statistics of the user and I see that he exceeded the qouta (he used 2700 MB from 2500 MB !)

    I'm wondering if quota is the problem or there is a permission issue
    actually adjusting quota to 3500 MB didn't help , also I chown[ed] Maildir to web9_info:web9 but it didn't help neither

    I'm lost , somebody help me !!!!
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator

    Make sur that you increase the website and user quota and then check quota with:

    repquota -avug
     
  3. bmossavari

    bmossavari New Member

    Thank you for such a quick answer.
    user quota is -1
    I change website (Traffic) quota to 3500 MB but here is what I've got from repquota -avug

    Code:
                            Block limits                File limits
    Group           used    soft    hard  grace    used  soft  hard  grace
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    
    web9      --   11108  256000  257024            220     0     0  
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    
    
    thanks again

    Edit:
    Sorry for confusion , when I said 'he exceeded the quota ' I was referring to Traffic quota not web quota

    still we have issue
     
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  4. bmossavari

    bmossavari New Member

    Hi
    sorry for bump but I'm still having problem !
    no one can post an answer ?
     
  5. till

    till Super Moderator

    And the permissions of the directories and sundirectories of this user are identical to the working accounts in the same website?
     
  6. bmossavari

    bmossavari New Member

    Thanks for getting back to me Till
    All email accounts on this web site have Maildir permission issue.

    no one can receive email on this web site.

    but email is working fine for all the other users (web1~web42)

    I can give you more ls output if you want , let me know if this helps
     
  7. till

    till Super Moderator

    Ok, then the permissions of the web folder itself are causing this because the site is suspended. compare the permissions of the web[ID] foder which is in /var/www/ or wereever your sites are withe the other working sites and chmod the folder so that it looks like the others (chmod 755 if I remember correctly).
     
  8. bmossavari

    bmossavari New Member

    As you said the problem was /var/www/web9 folder, I chmod it to 755 and everything goes back to normal

    Thank you Till for great support
     

Share This Page