can't get squirrelmail to work

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Cobra, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Cobra

Cobra New Member

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

that guide is for Ubuntu 10.10, you probably have a conf-available and conf-enabled directory; put your config file in the former and symlink to that in the latter.

3. Cobra

Cobra New Member

maby a bumb qeustion but wich config file?

4. Jesse Norell

I mean the apache configuration to setup squirrelmail, which is in the link you posted, you'll need to put it in a config file apache will read.

I have not read through all of that config and tried to guess if it would work, but ubuntu 10 is quite old, and there's a reasonable chance some of the syntax and/or file paths will have changed from what that has - you might do well to look for newer instructions that pertain to your specific OS (which I'd guess is a newer ubuntu version? but you didn't actually say)

5. Cobra

Cobra New Member

i use ubuntu 16.04 and i have the offical ISPConfig manual but that one is also outdated. It has the same info in it and thats very annoying. i tryed to google but i can't find a sollution. It's like i am missing someting or i dont see it. i really hope you can help me.

6. Jesse Norell

I don't have a ubuntu 16 server offhand, nor do I have squirrelmail setup on an ispconfig system, but a quick google search shows there should be a squirrelmail package you can install .. eg. try https://www.server-world.info/en/note?os=Ubuntu_16.04&p=httpd&f=18

It very well may work exactly as they show (that does show using the conf-available / conf-enabled directories); the only issue I'd wonder about which might need configured is the php handler, but give that a try and see if it doesn't just work.

Hmm... I don't have the manual offhand, but you could try following the instructions there except for the location of the apache conf file.

7. Cobra

Cobra New Member

thanks i wil try this

8. Cobra

Cobra New Member

i'am sorry to say that that didnt work. i still can't get to the squirrelmail login page.