Can't create New domains or emails

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by supanatral, Jan 19, 2012.

1. supanatral

supanatral New Member

I posted this on another section of the website however I just noticed (after much google searching) that there is a section for ISPConfig on this site. Please forgive my double post however it's important that I get this resolved.

I just finished the initial setup of ISPConfig while following this guide:

I'm having problems with creating a new email domain and sending email. When I sent a telnet email to the new server, I get the following error in the maillog:
    When I try to setup outlook for the new account, I see this error:
    When looking in the /var/vmail/ directory, I see that no folders have been created for the domain or user:
    How can I get this to work?
  2. supanatral

supanatral New Member

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is creating these directories if its installed properly. As the directories were not created on your server, there must be a installation problem.

Check the ispconfig monitor if there are any pending jobs in the jobqueue and if there are any errors in the system log in the monitor.
  4. supanatral

supanatral New Member

Thanks for your help, after googling how to look at the jobqueue, I found this command:
    When I run it, it creates all of the directories and everything starts working. I don't know what this command is suppose to do or whether I should add it to the cron job so it can get run automatically.
  5. till

This command is already configured to run as cronjonb once a minute. Yoiu can check that with the command:

crontab -l

as it does not seem to run on your system, there must be a error in your cron daemon or cron is not installed at all.
  6. supanatral

supanatral New Member

I think your right. It's listed in crontab but it isn't running:
    Where is the file that these cron jobs are listed?
  7. till

You can edit the crontab with:

crontab -e

The crontab you posted is fine,so there is no need to edit it. Instead you y´should vheck if you have the cron daemon of the linux distribution installed and started and if not install and start it.