can't access ispconfig after wheezy update, sasl not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fmarton, Jul 15, 2013.

  1. fmarton

    fmarton New Member

    I have just updated From squeeze to wheezy, and I cannot send mail through SASL, nor I can access isponfig from a browser.
    apache, mysql and postfix works ok otherwise.

    When sending a mail, I got SASL PLAIN authentication failed: no mechanism available messages.

    When tried to visit my ispconfig page, it times out.

    Any idea?

    Thanks gratefully in advance!

  2. fmarton

    fmarton New Member

    OK, I have inspected it furthermore, and found that I need to downgrade the following sasl packages from 2.1.25 to 2.1.23:


    I used dpkg --force-depends -i *.deb for installing the older packages over new ones.

    I still cannot access ispconfig, it just time outs, cannot find any info in log files.
    I use a custom port which I think cannot be an issue as it worked ok previously.
  3. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    You have to run the ispconfg installer after you upgraded the operating system and choose to reconfigure services during update. a sasl downgrade is not required as ispconfig will reconfigure the system for the new sasl version which uses a different config syntax then the old one.
  4. fmarton

    fmarton New Member

    Thanks Till!
    In the meantime, I discovered that my problem is suphp takes control over mod_php because of the new suphp.conf file under /etc/apache2/mods-available.
    That's why I could not access the web interface.

    Modifying the config file as of Falko's Wheezy tutorial suggested solved the problem:

    <IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    #<FilesMatch "\.ph(p3?|tml)$">
    # SetHandler application/x-httpd-suphp
    AddType application/x-httpd-suphp .php .php3 .php4 .php5 .phtml

    Hope that helps someone else too.
  5. lee.veal

    lee.veal Member HowtoForge Supporter

    FYI: I was able to resolve the same issue by editing /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf

    root@mail:/etc/postfix/sasl# diff smtpd.conf smtpd.conf~
    < auxprop_plugin: sql
    < sql_engine: mysql
    > auxprop_plugin: mysql
    < sql_select: select password from mail_user where login = '%u@%r'
    > sql_select: select password from mail_user where email = '%u'
  6. fmarton

    fmarton New Member

    Hi Lee,
    I've found it previously, but it did not help to solve the issue.
    Thanks to till, I managed to run update.php from the ISPConfig install, which made possible to put back the current version sasl packages.
    So now everything is working fine! :)

Share This Page