Cannot login to ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'General' started by gcambull, Jan 29, 2009.

1. gcambull

gcambull New Member

Not sure what happened, I had it running ok earlier, then when I tried to enable the mail settings it locked up, so I reboot the server. Now I try to login in and it says it cannot find it, says unable to establish connection.??

2. gcambull

gcambull New Member

ok I went to server and typed: netstat -tap and I didnt see the httpd on, so I tried to restart and it gave me failure stating that syntax was wrong in line 37 of /etc/httpd/conf/sites-enabled/xxx.com.vhosts, invalid command "FCGIWrapper" perhaps misspelled or define by a module not included in server config.

3. till

till Super Moderator

This means that you selceted fcgi for php in thatw ebsite but missed to install mod_fcig in your apache server. To fix this, install mod_fcgi from your linux distribution.

4. gcambull

gcambull New Member

Thanks Till,

I am working with CentOS 5.2 and am noobie at it. how would I go about aquiring and installing the mod_fcgi? I tried the yum install mod_fcgi but that didnt work, then did a search for it and found it at the sourceforge.net and downloaded on my regular PC, but how do I get it to the server (text based)?

Thanks for the help.

5. till

till Super Moderator

Try:

yum search fcgi

to find the name of the centos package that has to be installed.

6. gcambull

gcambull New Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. falko

falko Super Moderator

I've written a tutorial about this yesterday which I will publish in a few days. Here's an excerpt:

8. gcambull

gcambull New Member

Falko,

Sorry it took me a while to reply. This is good news, when will the tut be ready to read, or is that the whole enchilada.

I have since re-installed CentOs 5.2 to the whole hd, since I couldnt do anything about the wipeout I did with enabling fastcgi, when I didnt even have that installed. Maybe there should have been a small do not...in the how to, after all i am a noob and us noobs tend to push buttons that we shouldnt push, hah reminds me of when I was training BigTruck driver noobs, they would touch a button/switch and I would yell NO! LMAO

anyways, I didnt have too many errors re-installing ISPConfg3, though I will post them in a new thread, or search first.

Thanks

9. falko

falko Super Moderator

In a few days. :) But my previous post shows how you can install mod_fcgid on CentOS.