Cannot access IPSConfig 3 control panel

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by zkvvoob, Apr 2, 2013.

1. zkvvoob

zkvvoob Member

Hi guys,

I followed "The Perfect Server" guide (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.10-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3) to the letter. Everything (except for mailman, which I chose not to install) seems to be working properly, no errors displayed whatsoever.

However, I can't access IPSConfig: neither through my OutsideIP:8080, nor through LocalIP:8080. All the virtual hosts that I have configured in Apache2 do load fine.

I am relatively new to Linux and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Please advise how to proceed.

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator

So the problem occurred after a ispconfig update? You describe that you have already vhosts so you must have been able to access ispconfig before to create them as ispconfig requires a empty server on installation.

3. zkvvoob

zkvvoob Member

So, it would appear that the problem might be the fact that I did not install ISPConfig on an empty server?

In my case I had configured LAMP, set up Apache with virtual hosts and carried on with my websites happily for some time - until I decided to add a mailserver and couldn't do it the command-line way, so I elected to finish the guide and install ISPConfig as well.

In other words, there's no way to rectify this with some small changes to the current setup without going through a complete OS reinstall?

4. till

till Super Moderator

Yes, that might be the case as your manual configuration conflicts now with ispconfig.

It is possible to fix that most likely without a reinstall but it requires some debugging of the apache configuration. Please post the output of:

netstat -tap

and

iptables -L

5. zkvvoob

zkvvoob Member

Thank you for the assistance, till! Here are the outputs:

Code:
    netstat -tap
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 localhost:9000          *:*                     LISTEN      2691/php-fpm.conf)
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10024         *:*                     LISTEN      1497/amavisd (maste
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10025         *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      1075/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:submission            *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
    tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN      3454/apache2
    tcp        0      0 *:webmin                *:*                     LISTEN      2957/perl
    tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN      3454/apache2
    tcp        0      0 *:ssmtp                 *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      918/sshd
    tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN      582/cupsd
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
    tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN      3454/apache2
    tcp        0      0 *:1723                  *:*                     LISTEN      2797/pptpd

Code:
    iptables -L
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target     prot opt source               destination
    fail2ban-dovecot-pop3imap  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports pop3,pop3s,imap2,imaps
    fail2ban-pureftpd  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports ftp
    fail2ban-ssh  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports ssh

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain fail2ban-dovecot-pop3imap (1 references)
    RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain fail2ban-pureftpd (1 references)

Chain fail2ban-ssh (1 references)