can not login FTP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by m4l41k4t, Jul 16, 2012.

1. m4l41k4t

m4l41k4t Member

sorry if my issue was ever discussed or repost but I'm looking for is not found the thread. Maybe if there could be given a link.

I experienced the problem suddenly can not log in ftp.
    Guidelines that I use is "http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.04-lts-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p5"
    Using Ubuntu 12:04 and ISPConfig version 3.0.4.6 the ISPConfig upgrade from version 3.0.4.5.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is this a virtual server? Which error messages do you get in the sylog and pure-ftpd log?

3. m4l41k4t

m4l41k4t Member

of pure-ftpd log only transfer.log nothing else.
    I try running tail-f / var / log / pure-ftpd / transfer.log no messages nothing.

root @ test :/ etc / pure-ftpd # tail-f / var / log / pure-ftpd / transfer.log
    transfer.log transfer.log.1 transfer.log.2.gz transfer.log.3.gz

and in the tail-f / var / log / syslog nor is there any activity there is only pure-ftp email activity.

Not virtual machine but I use a physical machine.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you see any FTP login attempts in /var/log/auth.log?

Can you post the outputs of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    and
    Code:
    iptables -L
    ?

5. m4l41k4t

m4l41k4t Member

Thank you so much for your help and solutions.
    And let me apologize because I'm done for the problem and solution that I do is install both the OS and reinstall all ISPConfignya. And web data and its database is backup to avoid losing them.
    I have to reinstall all because yesterday is very urgent and do not know what to do anymore.