Can Not Display this Video Mode

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by umerhuzaifa, Mar 17, 2014.

1. umerhuzaifa

umerhuzaifa New Member

Hi there,

I have installed my Fedora 20 on desktop PC. But as soon as I am up to run it for the first time, it has given me this error: "Can Not Display this Video Mode". I have gone through a few threads on this forum but they have not helped me. Kindly suggest some options.

From the boot menu, I can either go to Grub Command Line by pressing 'c' (I dont know if that can be useful in any way) or i can "edit the selected item" by pressing 'e'. I dont know how can that be useful either.

Regards,
    Huzaifa

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I will suggest you to check whether the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf must be existing.

If it is not existing, please reconfigure the X.org by using the command Xorg :1 -configure to make a new file as xorg.conf.new. Now copy the content from xorg.conf.new to /etc/X11/xorg.conf

& if the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf was existing before make the back up of the file as /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak and replace the file with the xorg.conf.new created by the command Xorg :1 -configure

Br//
    Srijan

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014