Buster update failed

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by liane, Sep 29, 2019.

  1. liane

    liane Member HowtoForge Supporter

    I run ispConfig on a container, and did an update from stretch to buster yesterday on a copy and it "seemed" to work. So this morning I confidently did the same on the production container.
    Since I'm posting here, you already know it is a disaster...
    What I did:
    After reboot nothing, absolutely nothing is running, apache example:
    Here is an abstract from syslog:
    Well... restarted manually apache worked,
    To be sure, I rebooted and guess what? it works now...
    I hate when things are not stable, and I'm sure it will bite me again later...
    UPDATE 2:
    not sure it is related, but I received a mail dated to the first failure:
    a diff between the two files confirmed that they are identical of course...
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Just to be sure, check the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file, It might contain two includes for the sites-enabled directory now (towards the end). There should be just one.

    That's probably a false positive, caused by the first apache failure.
  3. liane

    liane Member HowtoForge Supporter

    thank you for the idea, I didn't check that. Fortunately (or not as that could have been the culprit), there is just one include there:

Share This Page